Thursday, April 4

AND THEN CAME THE MORNING


.

I have been trying to go over in my mind how the followers of Jesus might have felt on that Saturday after the cross. They have no hope. No joy. No future. Nothing to encourage them. Just a day without Jesus.  How sad they must have been.  What would it be?-a day without Jesus. And so many in our world today living lives of hopeless despair because they don't have Jesus. During this week before we celebrate the resurrection my prayer is for those whose lives reflect the day without Jesus. 

AND THEN CAME THE MORNING.

I'm not sure we can fully comprehend the joy they must have known. Even in our darkest hour we have Jesus. And as we celebrate that morning I pray those living in the Saturdays of life may know the joy of Jesus and his promise and see the dawn of the morning joy.

"Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning" Psalms 30:5



Each time I see the morning light on the horizon and the promise of a new day, I feel some  of the joy the people must have felt when the morning came and the darkness of death was gone and the tomb was empty forever. JOY COMES IN THE MORNING FOR ALL OF US!

MAY YOU KNOW THE JOY OF EASTER THIS SPRING AND ALWAYS!

CELEBRATING THE MORNING

Clella

Pictures by Mitch Camp

No comments: